Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brimfield Antique Fair

I am constantly on the hunt for new treasures, whether they be antiques, vintage finds, art work, fashion accessories or home decor pieces. I love to antique, collect, pick and re-purpose items and have found that New England is a great place to find them. Last weekend I went to the Brimfield Antique Fair (www.brimfieldshow.com), which claims to be the biggest antique fair in the US and maybe even the world. This fair is so vast that you cannot begin to cover it all in one day and I loved it, not only for the huge selection and great prices, but because most of the dealers would let me bargain with them. It must be the Ukrainan in me that likes to haggle because I don't ever want to pay full price for anything. Even if the price is already good, I still have this desire to negotiate with the dealer, just for the fun of it.


One of my favorite items that I picked up in Brimfield was this antique trunk. I love the leather and tin details and, with a little clean up, it will be great for storage to hold my purses or blankets.


I have a bit of an addiction to purse shopping! I love all types, sizes, and brands. I especially like the old, antique, beaded purses for decoration and use the leather/crocodile/snake purses for everyday wear because they are less fragile.
I found two lovely beaded purses at the fair and framed them in a shadow box. The cute brown purse is sturdy enough to actually use and I just loved the shape of it.

I also picked up two frames that were perfect for some pictures that I bought at the Yarmouth Clam Festival earlier in the summer and have been waiting to frame and put up on the wall. The silver frame is an antique frame which I sanded and repainted with the silver color. In the frame is a piece from Dan Johnson Designs. The black frame is not an antique (the fair has a great selection of new and vintage items, too) but it frames this picture from Scott Ainsworth Photography beautifully.

I also picked up some nick-nacks for my house, one being this beautiful cloisonne box. I have already marked the dates for the Brimfield Antique Fair on my calendar for next year. If you are in the New England area, I highly recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment